Saturday 16 May 2009

New blog award!

This has been a truly wonderful week - busy, but full of good things.

On Wednesday I travelled up to Sheffield to give a presentation on changes to the NHS complaints system to forty of my colleagues across the country by videolink. The date was chosen because it was a scheduled meeting with my boss, who then had to attend a meeting in London and I was expecting to return the next day to meet with him.

As I wandered down the office, I heard my boss talking on the telephone - his case had been settled and he was in Sheffield. Thanks to his secretary, I was able to spend time with him, sort out various issues and give the presentation - a day well spent.

In the evening was the meeting of Solihull Writer's Workshop where Mike Megano adjudicated the annual article writing competition. To my complete surprise and delight, my article about Mount St Helen's was awarded first prize of £25. I was so happy!

Today has been split between Solihull Healers this morning and digging and weeding the garden during the afternoon. When showers fell, I retreated into the summerhouse to pull may flowers off dry hawthorn branches to make some hawthorn blossom brandy.

Imagine my surprise when I finally sat down at the computer to find a message left by Star to say she'd awarded my blog the Bella Award. Thank you very much, Star, it is very much appreciated!

The rules are: Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

Pass the award to 5 other blogs that you've newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I have chosen
Herbal Matters because Katrina writes fascinating herbal articles
The Sandwich Life because Cynthia shares her life with us all and has taught me so much
Growing Colour because I know nothing about dyeing with herbs and this blog makes it look so beautiful.
Life at Home because I have great respect for what Tabitha and her husband are trying to achieve for their family.
Hunter, Angler, Gardener, Cook because Hank seduced me with tales of sausages and how to dispatch cockerels.

4 comments:

the sandwich life said...

oh Sarah....I am SO honored!! Thank you so much---you have made my day!

the sandwich life said...

oh, and congrats on your article!

Kristina May said...

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for the award, I'm truly flattered.

And, as Sandwich says, congratulations on the article, sounds like you really have had a good week!

Helen said...

Thank you so much...it is very good to know that you enjoy my blog.